Looking forward to Thanksgiving? These unbeatable Thanksgiving menu ideas will turn your dining table into a feast for your family and friends.
15 Delicious and Enjoyable Thanksgiving Menu Ideas
1. Pumpkin Soup
The best thing about Thanksgiving being in the fall season is that everyone probably has more pumpkins than what they know what to do with them.
- Serve this velvety soup with some butter-toasted rolls or bread.
Prepare with Nonstick Stockpot with Lid
2. All-time Favorite Turkey
Roasted turkey has been the quintessential main course dish for Thanksgiving feasts for years now. This timeless dish can be roasted with a wide array of herbs and still make it the star of your Thanksgiving menu.
Feel free to add your twist to this good old bird with seasoning, bacon, and pairing it with fruits to your liking.
- You can also go for a delicious duck or chicken.
Prepare with Nonstick Roasting Pan
3. Glazed Ham
If your household doesn't feel like having a turkey this year, a well-cooked ham will make the perfect alternative for the main dish.
You will love the brown sugar and maple glazed ham if you like the meat tad sweet. The Welsh cider ham will, however, suit you if you like a little acidic.
If you are somewhere between these two flavor profiles, a beautifully baked ham flavored with red wine, cloves and apricots will tickle your taste buds.
4. Mashed Potatoes
Nothing beats a mashed potato and turkey or ham combination on a plate topped with some gravy. Luckily there are more than a dozen ways to make mashed potatoes. I, however, like adding some cream, butter, bacon, and fresh cheese to my mashed potatoes.
- A sweet potato mash will make a great choice if you are looking to pair your meat dish with something sweet.
- 【LARGE CAPACITY】The bowl set includes 1 large salad bowl...
- 【NATURAL AND UNIQUE】Made of natural acacia wood, it...
5. Crispy Roast Potatoes
Herb roasted potatoes make a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu ideas. Roast these for at least 20 minutes on each side in your oven for an appetizing golden color.
Tip: Toss the potatoes after blanching so that the exterior appears mashed. This will make them extra crispy when roasted.
6. Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Grilled sweet potatoes will do a great job balancing the oils from your turkey or ham while adding a touch of sweetness. Spice up the sweet potato wedges with your favorite herbs and condiments.
Tip: Keep an eye on your sweet potatoes because their high sugar content exposes them to burning easily.Must Try: Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pie Spice
7. Roast Vegetable Medley Sides
Add an authentic smoky taste to your Thanksgiving menu ideas with a medley of your favorite roasted vegetables. There is no limitation to the type and number of vegetables you decide to add.
I especially love roast vegetables because they pair well with all meats and are great for anyone who does want roast or mashed potatoes.
- Throw in slices of your favorite cheese for a more complex flavor.
- A few spoons of lime juice will add an acidic kick to the veggies.
8. Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
If you feel that you already have enough smoky flavors on your menu, swap the roasted veggie medley with this cheesy vegetable casserole.
Like the veggie side dish, this can be anything from green beans, to broccoli, to Brussels sprouts or any root vegetables of your choice topped with a generous amount of your family's favorite cheese.
- Throw in some crushed tomatoes to keep the veggie casserole juicy.
9. Roast Pumpkin Salad
A salad is as good as a veggie medley, especially when elevated with cubes of roasted pumpkin to make it as tasty as it is beautiful.
- Do not skip the pecans as they add some texture and extra crunch to the salad.
10. Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce
You will be surprised at how well homemade sauces and gravy bring everything on your Thanksgiving platter together.
Cranberry sauces are also easy and quick to make and can be diversified with a wide array of flavors from citrus, spices, or liqueur without overpowering the cranberry.
- Add a touch of fall to your cranberry sauce by elevating it with cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, or orange flavors.
11. Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie
What better way to finish off your Thanksgiving feast than a classic pumpkin pie? With the perfect blend of spicy and creamy, this pumpkin pie topped with cinnamon-dusted whipped cream is the perfect way to bring a close to your Thanksgiving party.
- Torched marshmallows will also make a playful replacement for cinnamon-dusted whipped cream.
12. Classic Cheese Cake
A velvety smooth and creamy cheesecake is an indulging pick-me-up for most cheese lovers and will make a savory substitute for a pumpkin pie or other sweet desserts.
Aside from topping with fruits, you can garnish with a layer of caramel or your homemade cranberry or blueberry filling.
13. Chipotle Buttermilk Cornbread
A well-baked cornbread is to die for, but your family will like it even better when you mix chipotle and buttermilk with your favorite cheese.
- If your family has a sweet tooth, spread a layer of caramel, ganache, or a fruit filling to sweeten things up.
- You can also use the cornbread leftovers to make delicious monkey bread stuffing.
How about a fresh and flaky piece of croissant for Thanksgiving? Make more than you need so that you will have leftovers to last you a day or two for breakfast or evening snack.
Tip: Make your croissants irresistible by cutting them up and adding a layer of whipped cream and fruit filling.
15. Mulled Apple Cider Punch
Fruit punch and cocktails are essential for gatherings, and Thanksgiving is no different. Whip up a hot apple cider drink and mull it with your favorite spices.
Prepare one beforehand and reheat just before you serve dessert.
Watch this video from Tasty on 7 Easy Thanksgiving Recipes:
Figuring out Thanksgiving menu ideas can be overwhelming, but with this list, you can rest assured that you will be serving your family and friends a delightful and tasty banquet.
What other meal will you be including in your Thanksgiving menu ideas this year? Let us know in the comment section below!
- 9 Best Duck Breeds For Your Homestead
- 11 Fall Vegetables You Should Start Planting Now
- Lawn Mower Repair: 11 Common Problems And How To Fix Them
Fellow homesteaders, do you want to help others learn from your journey by becoming one of our original contributors? Write for us!