Make this delicious easy caramel recipe as we get ready for my most favorite season of the year. This is the easiest caramel recipe I've ever used. Easily a homestead favorite!
RELATED: How to Make Caramel Apples
Delicious Caramel Recipe You Can Make In 3 Easy Steps
What You'll Need:
- 1 stick butter, 4 ounces
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup whipping or heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- a pinch of sea salt
Step 1: Melt The Butter And Add Brown Sugar
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir vigorously with a whisk or wooden spoon as the sugar begins to dissolve and starts to bubble. Combine the mixture well.
Step 2: Add Cream
Add cream and bring to a boil. It is best to use a cream at room temperature. Afterward, lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
Add vanilla and a pinch of sea salt. Stir well until properly mixed.
RELATED: How To Make Buttermilk On Your Homestead
Step 3: Let It Cool
Let the caramel cool in the pan for a few minutes before pouring into a glass mason jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Warm in the microwave before serving.
And that’s it! Making your own caramel sauce is so easy! Make this easy recipe this fall and tell me how you incorporate it in your homemade recipes. Stay tuned for more scrumptious homestead recipes.
- Make sure that you use a bigger saucepan than what you think you will need as the cream tends to bubble up a bit.
- Prepare all your ingredients before starting to make the process smoother.
- If you want to make salted caramel instead, use at least 1 teaspoon. of salt.
- Avoid making this recipe in larger proportions. The added volume might prevent the sugar from dissolving property. Make caramel in small batches instead.
- You can freeze the caramel in an airtight container and store for up to 3 months.
Want another take on a caramel recipe? Check out this video from Fifteen Spatulas:
With this giant apple influx, I needed more caramel than I could keep up with for all the fall dessert recipes I’ve been making. This easy caramel recipe has made my life infinitely easier because it’s just 3 easy steps. That’s right! You can learn how to make caramel in 3 easy steps, folks.
Just follow this recipe that’s so easy, you’ll be finding excuses to make more caramel desserts during the holiday season!
What do you think of this caramel recipe? Will you give it a try this fall? Let us know in the comments section below.
- 20 Easy Caramel Apple Recipes
- 3-Step Sweet And Creamy Homemade Honey Butter Recipe
- 39 Handy Homesteading Tools To Make You An Ultimate Homesteader
Fellow homesteaders, do you want to help others learn from your journey by becoming one of our original contributors? Write for us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on September 4, 2020, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Janine Tate says
Thanks for recipes and garden tips