Cleaning with lemon, vinegar and baking soda is a natural way to clean your house. Find out how to make your own natural household cleaners.
DIY Natural Household Cleaners: Cleaning with Lemon, Vinegar and Baking Soda
People today waste a lot of time and money shopping for the right cleaning products for thorough home cleaning. They go overboard looking for expensive and chemical-filled products. Ultimately, they do get the home clean, but it’s at the price of risking the family’s health. That is a choice that nobody should make, especially not while there are other options. And yes, there are other options! In fact, I bet you have other options sitting in your kitchen cabinets right now. For generations before the bleach, all-purpose cleaner and carpet cleaner were invented, there was baking soda, vinegar and lemons. They never let anyone down because they have cleaning properties that many of today’s products don’t possess. Keep reading to find out how cleaning with lemon, baking soda and vinegar could save you time and money!
Cleaning With Baking Soda
- Baking soda is abrasive and non-toxic. It dissolves into stains so that when you clean it off the surface, the baking soda takes any dirt with it.
- Baking soda is an amazing odor killer. Find the source of a smell, sprinkle some baking soda, rub hard at the spot and wipe away. You’ll be surprised to find there’s no smell left.
- Baking soda can be used in a number of homemade cleaner recipes. The most common one is where you mix it with water to create soda paste – one of the best cleaning products you use about the house.
- Baking soda is completely harmless to the skin – in fact, it is so pure, you can brush your teeth with it!
- Stock up on baking soda!
Cleaning With Vinegar
- Vinegar’s acidic properties can eat away at any stain with ease. It’s completely harmless to the user.
- Vinegar’s trump card over baking soda is that it is a marvelous disinfectant. No bacteria will be left on any spot with just one cleaning.
- Vinegar can be used in combination with water to create a homemade all-purpose cleaner. It cleans, disinfect and kills odors, as well.
- Vinegar’s acidic properties are good for cleaning, but you should use them carefully as not all surfaces can handle them. Some carpets, for instance, can get discolored. Always test on a small area first before using.
- Stock up on vinegar!
Cleaning With Lemon
- Lemons are not that great for cleaning, but their citric acid makes them amazing disinfectants so you can sanitize any surface. They can also be used in combination with any of the other home cleaners.
- Lemons are perfect for removing odors and even leaving a fresh scent behind.
- Lemons can be used without any preparation. Simply take a lemon, cut in half and use the inside to scrub, disinfect and deodorize.
- Lemons can be used for many neat tricks. For instance, take a cut lemon and place it over your sink’s drain. This will make for less germs and a fresher sink.
With this knowledge, you can handle any stain, any annoying spot and any smell. There are no dirt-related problems which these three magnificent home cleaners cannot handle. You can see for yourself as soon as you pick one of these up and test it out. Keep the home clean with minimal effort with these three household cleaners.
Watch these household cleaners in action in this short and informative video from Kirsten Dirksen:
What do you think of these homemade cleaning products? Let us know in the comments section!
LIKE this? I’m sure you’ll want to read these:
- Carpet Cleaning: My Secret Homesteading Hack
- How to Clean Silver At Home | DIY Tutorial
- How to Remove Labels From Bottles With Ease