Check out this roundup of food dehydrator amazon brands to have all the information before settling for one.
Having a food dehydrator is a foolproof tip to preserve your surplus and a great way to make healthy dried snacks for your family for only a few extra dollars on your electricity bill.
RELATED: A Guide To Dehydrating Apples
22 Food Dehydrator Amazon Brands That Will Make Drying Foods a Breeze
1. Tribest SDE-S6780-B Sedona Express Digital Food Dehydrator
Sedona Express is your go-to food dehydrator if you are looking for one that will take the least space in your kitchen while providing plenty of room for dehydrating food.
Besides the 11 stainless steel trays that offer ample room for dehydration, this dehydrator also features an easy-to-use control panel. The dehydrator also features a reinforced glass door and alight button for effortless viewing.
As far as functionality goes, this unit is set apart by its raw, fast, and combination dehydration modes that other appliances don’t have:
The fast mode is designed to allow the unit’s temperature to cycle a little over the set temperature to dehydrate fasters.
On the other hand, the raw mode inhibits the unit’s internal temperature from exceeding the set temperature, preventing overheating of food.
- Easy to adjust temperature panel hence preventing nutrients and enzyme loss.
It also features a programmable timer.
- You might experience sticking with the stainless-steel trays, but the plastic tray version of the same takes care of the issue.
2. Snackmaster Pro Food Dehydrator
The Snackmaster Pro is not the best-selling food dehydrator on Amazon for no reason. Besides being easy to store due to its small size and weight, Snackmaster Pro is also easy to use. Plug it in and dial your desired temperature.
Though it comes with five trays, it has room to stack up to 12, giving you more than enough room to dehydrate your food. What’s more, you don’t have to worry about dehydrating semi-solid food as Snackmaster Pro comes with two fruit leather sheets for that.
This dehydrator also features two mesh screens for dehydrating foods like herbs and berries, not to mention three spice packets for homemade jerky. The cherry on top is that this until comes with a manual filled with tips, recipes, charts, craft, and storage ideas.
- Features an adjustable thermostat for you to dry different foods at the right temperature.
- It has an opaque exterior, hence blocking out the light that may destroy the food’s nutritional value.
- The trays are dishwasher safe.
- The unit lacks a programmable timer. Hence not reliable for overnight dehydration or for when you are not around.
3. Chefman Food Dehydrating Machine
If you do not want to dehydrate your food at the expense of your peace, then the Chefman Food Dehydrator is the machine for you. The unit also comes with a responsive touchscreen that makes usage and programing easy.
With such easy to extract and insert plastic trays, you can bet sticking and cleaning will be the least of your concerns. The glass window allows you to monitor your food without disrupting the dehydration process.
- Features ample room for dehydration with six plastic trays.
- Has a programmable timer.
- You change the temperature to match the food you are dehydrating.
- All accessories in this unit are not dishwasher safe.
4. Tribest SD-P9150-B Sedona Combo Digital Dehydrator
Like the Sedona Express Digital Food Dehydrator, this unit also features multiple dehydration modes and a large glass door for easier viewing. It, however, features wider stainless-steel trays since it is shorter than the Sedona Express.
Moreover, Sedona Combo is easy to clean up due to a door that opens like a toaster oven. Besides great temperature control and large capacity, the unit allows you to program the sections being used for the best results regardless of your batch size.
- BPA-free plastic interior.
- Has a whisper-quiet operation.
- Programmable time.
- Adjustable temperature.
- Dishwasher safe trays.
- It is bulky.
5. Excalibur 9-Tray Electric Dehydrator
Large capacity does not get better than the 15 square feet of dehydrating space presented by the Excalibur 9-Tray dehydrator. This makes it ideal for gardeners or large families who might have a lot of food to dehydrate.
This Excalibur model features temperature and timer dials that come with setting recommendations. Keep in mind that the unit’s sliding door doesn’t fully seal, but that does not affect performance.
Also, since the door slides open, removing and re-installing trays easy for cleaning and loading the dehydrator. Lastly, the Excalibur 9-Tray dehydrator also features an instruction booklet with recipes and charts to get you well acquitted.
- Dishwasher safe trays.
- Up to a 26 hour-programmable timer.
- An adjustable thermostat to achieve the right temperatures for meat and fruits, and vegetables.
- The unit does not include any additional accessories.
6. Hamilton Beach 32100A Digital Food Dehydrator
You will love the Hamilton Beach 32100A Digital Food Dehydrator if you are looking for an affordable drying machine. Though the unit has a conveniently small footprint, it comes with five stackable trays that stick on food.
The unit also has a clear top that allows you to monitor the process. However, should you not be around, you can rely on the 48-hour timer to auto-shutoff.
What’s more, the Hamilton Beach 32100A Digital Food Dehydrator features a fine-mesh sheet for drying smaller foods like herbs and a more solid sheet for making fruit rolls.
- Adjustable thermostat.
- 48-hour programmable timer.
- Five dishwasher-safe trays.
- Features a solid sheet for fruit rolls.
- The timer is not as specific.
- Too bulky, especially when storing.
- Dated appearance.
- Noisy during operation.
7. National Presto Dehydro Digital Dehydrator
You need the National Presto Dehydro Digital Dehydrator if you want a drying machine that you can easily store away after use. This is because, after usage, you can reverse the trays and stack them into each, saving you up to 40 % space.
Its see-through lids come with temperature recommendations making the unit easy to use. Moreover, with such lids, you do not have to dissemble the trays to monitor the process.
Unlike other dehydrators, this unit lacks a sound alert to notify you after your set time lapses. But it features accessories like fruit roll sheets and mesh screens.
- Easy to stash away.
- Adjustable temperature thermostat.
- Functional timer.
- Additional accessories.
- Accessories are not dishwasher safe.
8. COSORI Dehydratoring Machine
This edition of Cosori CP267-FD has a stylish stainless steel and black finish making it one of the sleekest food dehydrators in the market. Similarly, this dehydrator features a glass door that allows you to keep an eye on your food.
As far as functionality goes, this unit has an intuitive control panel with both time and temperature dials to kick-start your dehydration process. Furthermore, the Cosori CP267-FD comes packed with useful safety features such as overheating protection and auto-shutoff functions.
I also loved that its noise level is below 48db, which is considerate, especially when dehydrating food overnight. You get to enjoy two more accessories, a manual and a recipe book with 50 free recipes in addition to the six trays. The lifetime assistance that comes with every purchase closed the deal for me.
- Easily customizable temperature and time
- Low noise production
- Useful safety features
- Looks good
- The mesh screen and fruit roll sheet are not dishwasher safe.
- More expensive than most dehydrator models.
9. OSTBA Dehydrating Machine
With an adjustable temperature range of 35-70℃ and a72 hour timer, this OSTBA Food Dehydrator makes a functional and sturdy dyer for all your food drying and preservation needs. As a result, the OSTBA Food Dehydrator is easy to use.
It also features an LED display that clearly shows the set time and temperature and keeps you updated on the remaining time as the dehydration process continues. The dehydrator comes with five BPA-free and stackable trays that will clean well in your dishwasher. You can wipe off any grime on the body with a damp washcloth or sponge.
The trays can also be stacked in two interlayer heights simultaneously for different food types. All you have to do is rotate the food trays together at 180 degrees to get 3.2 and 2 Cm heights.
- Easy storage due to its small size.
- The unit’s trays can be flipped to give you more room.
- The drying trays can be rotated to different heights when drying different types of food.
- Programmable temperature and timer.
- The LED display lets you know how far the process is.
- The dehydrator is under-powdered, which takes days to dry food.
- It does not come with accessories.
10. Magic Mill Dehydrating Machine
The Magic Mill Food Dehydrator Machine is furnished with air circulation technology and a rear-mounted fan that enables drying your food evenly without rotating the trays as you can easily monitor the drying process through the glass window.
The adjustable timer and temperature ensure that your dehydrated foods are made to perfection. A countdown timer will tell you when your food will be ready, after which it will automatically shut off when it’s time.
In addition to the adjustable and large stainless-steel trays, the Magic Mill Food Dehydrator also comes with a hanging rack for drying meat and extra trays for fruit rolls, and smaller food like nuts. Besides using leather sheets for fruit roll-ups, you can also use them in drip trays. The handing jerky rack allows you to dry a lot of meat in one sitting.
There is no need to worry about what you’re drying as all the trays and liner sheets are dishwasher safe. Wipe down the housing using a damp towel, and you are all set to go. It also includes a set of oven mittens to prevent burn accidents.
- It has an overheats protection that self-activates when the dehydrator overheats.
- Has a large capacity.
- Has an automatic shutoff system.
- The countdown timer allows you to monitor your food without interfering with the process.
- It has a customizable timer and temperature function.
- Not specific about the type of plastic used.
- It could do with a little more recipe suggestion, especially for newbies.
11. COSORI Original Food Dehydrator Machine CO165-FD
This California-designed specialty appliance features five BPA-free trays, a fruit roll sheet, a manual, a recipe book, and a mesh screen for smaller foods like herbs. With a digital timer of up to 48hours and a versatile temperature control system, COSORI Food Dehydrator Machine CO165-FD is easy to use, even for beginners.
Besides time and temperature versatility, this food dehydrator is also versatile in the foods you can dehydrate. And the best part of making all you can is that you do not have to worry about noise as its noise levels are below 48db – similar to what is recorded in libraries.
Though the unit comes with five racks, you can buy additional trays and stack up to seven if you need more room for dehydration. The best thing about this is that the trays don’t stick, and they are all dishwasher safe.
- Small yet functional
- Looks great
- Is expandable
- Has memory function
- Overheat protection
- Automatic shutoff
- Additional trays are a bit pricey.
12. Elechomes 6-Tray Food Dehydrator
Besides the aesthetics the sleek black and colorless exterior add to your kitchen counter, Elechomes 6-Tray Food Dehydrator is an affordable choice for all your dehydrating needs, not to mention healthy non-addition fruit rolls with the bonus leather sheet.
The unit features six BPA-free trays that are easy to stack, but each stack has two adjustable heights to accommodate as much food as you need at a go. The trays are also transparent for effortless monitoring now and then.
With an easy-to-use digital control panel, anyone can set an exact temperature and adjust the time to up to 72 hours to produce the best-dehydrated foods. You don’t have to worry about overheating since the unit is built with overheat protection. As far as cleaning goes, all the trays are dishwasher safe. A damp cloth will work for the housing.
- Versatile time and temperature control panel.
- A safe place to store the cord.
- Reference guide for drying various foods, herbs, fruits, and even flowers.
- It is not quiet.
13. Gastrorag Dehydrator Machine
This lightweight food dehydrator comes in a sleek modern finish and has high functionality to go with. The unit has a one-touch, one-button operation that makes using it easy even for beginners in the dehydrating world.
The unit is designed with superior airflow to go with the versatile 100 ℉ -160 ℉ temperatures and a timer of up to 48 hours. This way, your flavors don’t mix, and you don’t have to rotate the trays to get even drying.
Moreover, it has a quiet operation which makes it ideal for overnight dehydration. You do not have to worry about safety even then, as it has an automatic shutoff when time is done and overheat protection. The cherry on top is the BPA-free and food-safe plastic trays that do not have an odor and keep things clear for you during the drying process.
- Customizable time and temperature setting.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Fits well on the counter.
- It has no after-sale services or customer service number in case of malfunction.
- It doesn’t come with accessories.
- Only dehydrates solid foods.
14. Elite Gourmet Food Dehydrator
The Elite Gourmet Food Dehydrator features an on and off switch, and unlike the food dehydrators in this list, it has a manual interface with a temperature adjustment knob. Other than that, it has five stainless steel mesh trays that look great with the BPA-free plastic sides.
What’s more, you can stack the layers in two different heights to hold as much food as you need. With a fan-forced air system, the Elite Gourmet Food Dehydrator dries food evenly and in a shorter time.
- Comes with a cookbook for directions.
- Programmable time and temperature.
- Does not feature a fruit roll-up sheet.
- It has a manual setting system which can be confusing.
15. Presto 06300 Dehydro Food Dehydrator
Unlike most food dehydrators here, Presto 06300 Dehydro does not come with an on or off switch. Instead, the unit turns on when plugged in.
The unit comes with four drying trays but can be expanded to fit eight stacks for increased capacity, a nonstick mesh screen for smaller foods, fruit roll sheets, a jerky spice kit, and a jerky gun. All of these, including the lid, are dishwasher safe.
The unit also has a drying nest that doubles as a compact storage unit. Unlike the dehydrators in this list, Presto 06300 Dehydro dries food at a preset 165° F facilitated by a heating element and bottom-mount fan to provide consistent airflow hence unmatched drying.
- Cord stores well in the base.
- Comes with accessories.
- The trays are dishwasher safe.
- Comes with a rack for easy tray storage.
- Lacks adjustable temperature.
- No on/off switch.
- It’s a bit loud.
16. Excalibur 2400 Electric Dehydrator
The Excalibur 2400 Electric Food Dehydrator is a great way to introduce yourself to the dehydrating world. The performance matches larger models, and it has an adequate 4ft drying space.
The adjustable temperature thermostat ranges between 95 to167 degrees Fahrenheit. This is low enough to maintain active nutrients and enzymes in fruits but high enough to make meats for jerky.
The unit also features a four-inch fan that facilitates horizontal airflow. This draws water out of the food and dries the trays simultaneously, guaranteeing you the crispiest dried treats. Lastly, the trays are accessorized with poly-screen tray inserts to prevent sticking.
- It is user-friendly.
- Programmable temperature.
- It is not fast as other models of the same brand.
- The unit lacks a timer.
17. NutriChef Countertop Dehydrator
The NutriChef Countertop Food Dehydrator offers you a healthier way of preserving your fresh food than freezing or canning by removing moisture and retaining up to 97% of minerals and vitamins. With just a one-button operation and a maximum temperature of 180° F, dehydrating your fruits and vegetables has never been easier.
This unit features five stackable trays that are easy to remove for cleaning. This makes it even easier to clean the body. Moreover, you can still use the trays for air drying our food without the machine.
- Has easy to clean trays and housing
- It does not have a drip tray at the bottom.
- Does not have tray accessories.
18. Nesco Gardenmaster 075 Food Dehydrator
You will love the Nesco Gardenmaster 075 Food Dehydrator if you are looking for a dehydrator that is fast enough to dry food in hours as opposed to days. This is enabled by the unit’s converge-flow drying system that pushes hot air up and across the trays.
Though the unit comes with eight dishwasher safe trays, it can be expanded to fit up to 30 trays. The set, however, features eight more fruit roll-up sheets, a recipe book, clean A screens, and the original jerky spice.
The unit’s speedy dehydrating is thanks to its 1000watt powerhead. The adjustable temperature thermostat ranges from 95°F – 160°F.
- Has a large holding capacity.
- Reasonably fast drying.
- Programmable temperature.
- Has no timer
19. Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator
Unlike any other food dehydrator in this list, the Cuisinart DHR-20 Food Dehydrator comes with temperature control ranges that include fan only, low, medium, and high. It is, however, equally easy to use.
Moreover, it is a reliable dehydrator as it features a motorized 620-watt fan with a top vent for exceptional drying. It also features five interlocking trays but can be stacked up to nine layers. It also features an additional fruit roll-up sheet.
- It is quiet.
- The unit is BPA-free
- It comes with an additional fruit roll-up sheet.
- It lacks a screen mesh for drying herbs and other smaller foods.
20. Homdox Food Dehydrator Machine
This 400-watt food dehydrator has a heating element and a bottom-mounted fan that ensures consistent airflow for evenly dried veggies, fruits, nuts, and meat without rotating the trays. Even better, you can rotate the trays at 180 degrees when drying different foods to attain two different heights simultaneously.
The unit also has a user-friendly setting system where your temperature settings range between 35 to 70 degrees Celsius and a timer that goes up to 72 hours. The eight stackable trays and the liners are dishwasher safe, while its body can easily be wiped with a damp cloth.
- It has a 360 degrees air circulation.
- It is not quiet.
- A watt update will help dry foods faster.
- It lacks a mesh liner for drying hers.
21. Gourmia GFD1650 Premium Electric Food Dehydrator
Gourmia GFD1650 Premium Food Dehydrator features six adjustable trays for you to get creative in drying your favorite fruits, nuts, and vegetables. Besides, you get a fruit leather sheet for your fruit roll-ups and a drip tray to keep the unit dry when you’re drying moist foods.
The unit has an easy-to-use and precise digital control that facilitates 360 degrees air circulation through a temperature selection of 95˚F to 158˚F. This guarantees even dying without rotating the trays. The best part is that the big glass door allows you to sneak a glance at your goodies now and then.
What We Love:
- It is quiet.
- Comes with a recipe book.
- Trays are dishwasher safe.
- Features programmable temperature.
- It has an automatic shutoff and overheat-protection.
- It does not come with tray liners.
22. Aroma Housewares Food Dehydrator
If you want to move from using stackable tray food dehydrators to the advanced shelf tray model, you may want to consider the Aroma Professional Food Dehydrator. With an average capacity and the reliable performance of the shelf tray, this dehydrator offers the features necessary for outstanding results.
It’s designed to eject consistently heated airflow horizontally for perfectly dehydrated results with any ingredient. The large mounting trays slide in the unit just like the racks of an oven. The transparent window enables you to follow the progress as foods dry.
Cleaning this dehydrating unit is easy, especially with the drip tray that collects any residue and juices during the drying process. Perfect for the homesteaders, backpackers, and anyone else who is health-conscious.
- Comes accessorized with a fruit roll-up sheet.
- It is made using BPA-free material.
- The unit lacks a timer.
Before checking out any food dehydrator in Amazon, watch this video by Nature’s Darling on DIY dehydrated fruits:
There you go, homesteaders. With such a wide array of food dehydrators in Amazon, you have no reason to let your surplus garden harvest go waste. The best part is that all these dehydrators can dry any food which caters to a wide range of produce. The brands mentioned here come with different price ranges, so I bet that there is a food dehydrator for everyone.
What tips do you have on dehydrating foods that you can share with beginners? Let us know in the comment section below!
- 15 Tasty Dehydrator Recipes For Healthy Snacks That Last!
- Fermenting Vegetables | Everything You Need To Know
- How To Make Essential Oils At Home | Homesteading Skills
Fellow homesteaders, do you want to help others learn from your journey by becoming one of our original contributors? Write for us!