Ready to make some amazing Vegan Pumpkin Bread? Seasons are about to change and soon it will be out with the shorts and sunshine and in with the changing leaves and happy harvests! Between the comfy clothes, the turning colors and general home-body mindset, who doesn't love Fall? Personally, the thing I look forward to most about this season is food, more specifically, baked goods.
Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
A staple of Fall baking is pumpkin bread. With this recipe, you'll be able to make the best pumpkin bread you've ever tasted, while catering to dietary restrictions and including wholesome ingredients. So get out your baking supplies and let's get cooking!
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 60 min
Quantity: 1 loaf
Vegan Pumpkin Bread Ingredients:
- 1 cup unbleached granulated sugar (packed brown sugar also works)
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can (160z) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp water
- Optional: 1/2 cup walnut halves and pieces
Try these next!
What's your favorite way to serve up Sourdough Bread? Tell us in the comments!
Pull-Apar… https://t.co/QTzlKQJkbk pic.twitter.com/0m4HE78gkG
— Homesteading (@HomesteadingUSA) January 24, 2016
Vegan Pumpkin Bread Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, syrup, and water
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture
- Mix until it is just moist, don't over mix!
- Optional: Fold in nuts
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake 60-65 minutes or until top is browned and a toothpick comes out clean
- Take out of oven, let cool for 30 min
So, what do you think? Did you like our Vegan Pumpkin Bread Recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook!
LIKE this? I'm sure you'll LOVE:
How to Dehydrate Foods to Preserve Them
Chocolate Chia Homemade Survival Bars | Recipe
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe (Easy To Make From Scratch)
Oil? Oil instead of water or oil instead of applesauce?
4/5! Made into muffins. A little confused about the applesauce. I used original, but I’m not sure if I was supposed to use unsweetened? And in ingredients it says Applesauce, but in Directions it has replaced that with Oil?? I made it with the original applesauce (with I assume is sweetened) and it turned out well, but I would appreciate clarity.
If you haven’t made your own bread yet, then it’s time to fix it. Pumpkin baked goods always turn out to be especially tender and airy.