Today, let’s talk about scars and stretch marks. They both can affect your appearance and can leave you feeling self-conscious. So today, I’m here to share with you home remedies to reduce the appearance of both.
Scars | Home Remedies To Reduce Its Appearance
Let’s talk briefly about scars. Scars are marks left behind on your skin where burns, sores, or other wounds have not healed completely, therefore, fibrous connective tissue has developed.
While there are no treatments available to make a scar disappear completely, there are remedies you can do in the comfort of your own home to help greatly reduce their appearance, such as:
- Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Coconut Oil
Now, let’s talk briefly about stretch marks. Stretch marks are marks on the skin that have formed due to the skin being stretched during pregnancy when your body experiences sudden weight gain or weight loss, hereditary factors, and sometimes physical stress.
Today, I will share with you home remedies that can greatly reduce their appearance, such as:
- Olive Oil
- Castor Oil
- Potato Juice
- Cocoa Butter
- Lemon Juice
Let’s get started!
Home Remedies To Reduce The Appearance Of Scars
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Due to its skin healing and anti-inflammatory properties, tea tree essential oil is used to help manage skin conditions, including scarring.
- Combine 4 drops of tea tree essential oil and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Wash the scar with this solution 2-3 times a day to help reduce the scar’s appearance.
Note: Do not use tea tree essential undiluted. Also, if you are using this oil for the first time, test a small area of your skin with this remedy to check for a possible reaction.
- UNLIKE OTHER BRANDS THAT DELIVER GRAINY, OFF COLORED AND SMELLY SHEA BUTTER CREAMS, Thermalabs Shea Butter is smooth, pure and has a refreshing fragrance. Our Shea Butter is rigorously tested and inspected to ensure that it always arrives the way it's meant to be. Smooth, refreshing and snow white, with Thermalabs you won't have to worry if the butter you're using has expired or if it was made with harmful chemicals
- EFFECTIVELY TREAT PROBLEMATIC SKIN, WORKS LIKE MAGIC! Shea butter is proven to heal and prevent the most common skin problems such as stretch marks, wrinkles, dry skin, scars, burns and others. Thermalabs Shea Butter is made with a formula rich with natural ingredients and vitamins that are gentle on your skin. Our clarifying solution treats your skin without any toxic chemicals or additives that can further dry and damage your skin. This cream is formulated for protecting your skin all day!
- LOOK 10 YEARS YOUNGER - ESSENTIAL OILS AND DEAD SEA MINERALS SLOW THE EFFECTS OF AGING! It's a fact that we all get older, but have you noticed how some people manage to consistently look 5 and 10 years younger than they actually are? The secret is in how they treat their skin! Thermalabs extra rich Shea Butter's unique blend of oils like sweet almond and avocado, keeps your skin lush & hydrated making it come alive with natural, youthful radiance
Vitamin E Oil
Due to the antioxidant properties of vitamin E oil, it is commonly used to reduce the appearance of scars by repairing damaged skin tissue.
- Break open a vitamin E capsule to extract the oil.
- Massage the oil on the scar for 10 minutes.
- Next, leave the oil on the scar for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
This remedy can be done 3-4 times a day.
- 🙌"This is a wonderful oil combination. It makes skin silky and soft with no allergic reaction." -W
- 👀Fragrance free Vitamin E (tocopherols) doesn't overwhelm and works on that pesky wrinkle & crowsfeet
- 🌱 Enhance lashes, soften stretch marks & heal acne scars with easy-to-use dropper. GMO free.
Due to the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera, it is a popular and effective way to reduce the appearance of scars.
- Remove the outer layer of an aloe vera leaf and remove the gel like substance underneath.
- Using circular motions, massage the gel onto the scar.
- Leave on the scar for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
Note: Never apply aloe vera gel on an open wound.
- Moisturizing therapy for dry or sunburned skin
- 100% pure aloe vera; fragrance-free; no color added
- Forms a protective barrier to retain moisture
Apple Cider Vinegar
The acidic properties of apple cider vinegar help reduce the appearance of scars by removing dead skin cells which, in turn, promotes healthy skin cell growth.
- Combine equal parts of water and organic apple cider vinegar.
- Soak a cotton ball in the mixture and apply the cotton ball to the scar.
- Leave on the scar for 5 minutes.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
This remedy should be done only once a day.
The vitamin E content within coconut oil is the main ingredient which helps to reduce the appearance of scars.
- Heat the coconut oil until it is in liquid form.
- Massage the liquified coconut oil onto the scar for 7-10 minutes.
- Next, leave the coconut oil on the scar until it becomes absorbed into the skin.
This remedy can be done 2-4 times a day.
- ISLAND FRESH: CCL's USDA organic raw organic extra-virgin cold-pressed coconut oil in glass jar gives you not only the benefits of coconuts at the peak of ripeness. It also locks in maximum taste and nutrients, pesticide, hexane, and gluten free
- HIGHER MCTs KEEP YOU SLIM: This gold label coconut oil contains a higher ratio of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) for healthy weight management and weight loss, optimizing good cholesterol and blood sugar levels, so your heart loves you back during exercise routines while the benefits of a keto diet help you meet your health goals as you impress your dentist with clean teeth and naturally fresh breath from detoxifying oil pulls
- BRING OUT YOUR NATURAL BEAUTY: from a conditioning hair mask and body moisturizer and lip balm, to a face cleaning treatment for blemishes. Use as a cuticle oil makes nails grow 3x faster and stronger and NO-GUILT makeup remover that also works as a natural deodorant, delicious lavender body scrub or butter, or massage with essential oils. Even relieves itching and rashes in pets while leaving a shiny coat for dogs and cats as an organic pet food supplement or all-natural topical treatment
Home Remedies To Reduce The Appearance Of Stretch Marks
Olive oil is packed with antioxidants which makes it an effective remedy for various skin conditions, including stretch marks.
- Massage slightly warm olive oil onto the stretch mark.
- Leave the olive oil on the skin until it is absorbed (about 30 minutes).
Extra virgin olive oil is recommended for this remedy.
Castor oil has been used as a home remedy for skin conditions such as age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, acne, and stretch marks.
- Massage castor oil onto the stretch mark for 5-10 minutes.
- Next, wrap the affected area with a cotton cloth.
- Apply heat to the area for at least 30 minutes. You can use a heating pad or a hot water bottle.
This remedy should be done once a day for one month, at which point you should notice a difference in their appearance.
Potato juice is packed with vitamins and minerals which is great for skin cell restoration.
- Slice a potato into thick slices.
- Rub one slice of the potato onto the stretch mark until the starch (juice) of the potato slice covers the stretch mark completely.
- Let the potato juice dry completely.
- Wash the area with warm water.
Cocoa butter is an excellent skin moisturizer which greatly nourishes your skin which, in turn, greatly reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
- Apply cocoa butter over the stretch marks at least a few times a day for a few months to see results.
- With vitamin e
- Heals & softens rough, dry skin
- Smoothes marks & scars
The acidic properties of lemon juice is an effective remedy in reducing the appearance of not only stretch marks but, scars and acne as well.
Remedy: (stretch marks)
- Using circular motions, massage fresh lemon juice onto the stretch mark.
- Let the fresh lemon juice soak into your skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, rinse area with warm water.
This remedy can be done once a day.
Here’s a video by Freeze Frame Films on the top 5 home remedies for scars:
Do you have a home remedy for scarring and stretch marks that you would like to share? Share with us in the comments section below.
- 147 Natural Remedies For Homesteading To Make Life Easier
- Mother Nature’s Best Home Remedies
- 12 Amazing Things To Do With Lemons | Home Remedies
The contents of this article are for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer.