Often times, cleaning your home can be time-consuming that you would wish you knew some cleaning hacks. In today’s world when everything is “GO! GO! GO!” you find that you have a lot less house cleaning time than you used to.
Cleaning Hacks | Effective Ways To Clean Your Home
If you have a busy schedule, then this article is for you! In this article, I will share with you 14 cleaning hacks that will save you time. Who knows what you can do with that extra time…perhaps a movie with the family or just time for yourself with that good book you’ve been meaning to get to.
Today, I will cover quick and effective ways to clean things around the house, such as:
- Stove Burners
- Bathroom Walls
- Stainless Steel Sinks
- Shower Heads
….And much more! Let’s get started!
14 Cleaning Hacks For Every Household
Here is a great scrub-free way to clean your microwave! Combine equal parts water and white vinegar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave this solution for 2 minutes. What this does is it steam cleans your microwave. After the 2 minutes is up, remove the bowl and just wipe away the mess with a damp paper towel and you’re all set!
- BRING SOME COLOR TO YOUR KITCHEN! These bright, colorful microwave and freezer safe food storage bowls perk up any kitchen, picnic, or potluck. Lids included.
- SAFE TO HANDLE! Bowl handles never get hot, so they are safe to touch after heating. Perfect for use at home or anywhere food may be microwaved, like office meals or school lunches. Lightweight, non-breakable bowls are easy to transport and are made of dishwasher safe BPA free plastic.
- VERSATILE! Vented lids remain closed when storing food in the fridge or freezer to keep food fresh, and can be opened to vent steam when microwaving.
2. Garbage Disposal
A garbage disposal can get stinky over time due to stuck on food grime on the underside of the splash guard. You can remove this grime with a toothbrush and warm soapy water. You will notice a difference immediately!
- DRAIN PROTECTION: Prevents silverware, jewelry, and other non-food related items from slipping into drain.
- FOOD SCRAPER: Silicon food scraper can be used to safely clean dishes and push left over food into garbage disposal
- SPLASH GUARD: The garbage disposal can run freely with Disposal Genie in place allowing water and food to run into drain while functioning as a splash guard to prevent unwanted off-spray
3. Stainless Steel Sink
Stainless steel sinks can get stained from time to time. Making a paste out of baking soda, cream of tartar, and peroxide will get your stainless steel sink shining like new! Make sure to polish your stainless steel sink with a scratch free sponge or rag.
- Premium t-304 stainless Steel construction
- Sound insulated with thick rubber dampening pads & stone guard undercoating
- Non-porous corrosion-resistant surface
4. Oven Glass
Got grease and grime on your glass oven doors? Magic eraser to the rescue! Scrub in circular motions using a wet magic eraser. Then simply wipe away with a dry magic eraser. You’ll be so happy with the results and you did it with no chemicals whatsoever!
5. Stove Burners
All you need for this cleaning hack is ammonia and large Ziploc bags. Pour 1 cup of ammonia into a large Ziploc bag. Soak an oven burner in the Ziploc bag overnight. You will wake up to sparkly clean oven burners!
6. Oven Range Hood Filter
This is one of the easiest and most effective ways to clean your oven range hood filter! Briefly, soak the filter in a water based degreaser from the auto parts store. Almost no scrubbing is required.
You can also buy a water based degreaser on Amazon!
7. Bathroom Walls
Bathroom walls can get dirty and grimy over time. A great way to clean the bathroom walls is to use a dust mop coated with your favorite bathroom cleaner. This method is great for those hard to reach spots. (I personally love the Scrubbing Bubbles cleaner to clean my bathroom walls.)
8. Tub, Tile, and Grout
This amazing 3 ingredient cleaner will clean the tub, tile, and grout. You’ll love the results! For this cleaner, combine ½ cup of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of liquid dish soap, and ¼ cup of hydrogen peroxide. Mix well and it’s ready to use. Not only is this cleaner extremely effective, it is also budget friendly!
9. Shower Head
Fill a Ziploc bag with vinegar and attach to the shower head and leave overnight. It’ll be as good as new by morning!
- Multi-function: High Efficiency Rainfall Spray (wand and head), Hydrating Jet, and Waterfall
- Easily adjustable multi-angled overhead fixture | Generous 5" highly flexible stainless steel hose
- Head: 118 high-efficiency nozzles+6 high-powered jets | Wand: 60 nozzles+1 waterfall outlet
10. Chrome Faucets
This cleaning hack is pretty awesome! To make chrome faucets shine like new again, polish them with dryer sheets. This method also helps to repel water stains.
11. Air Vents
To clean those dusty air vents, all you have to do is wrap a butter knife in a paper towel or cloth to reach in between the openings. I like to spray scrubbing bubbles on the cloth or paper towel to get the air vents extra clean.
We all know how dusty the blinds can get! If you find that your feather duster isn’t quite doing the trick, wrap each side of a pair of tongs with a soft rag. Grab an individual blind and run the wrapped tongs from side to side. It will find them to be much cleaner and they will stay clean much longer! This is seriously one of the best cleaning hacks.
This is the easiest way to clean the creases on your baseboards! Take a cotton swab coated in scrubbing bubbles cleaner and just run the cotton swab along the baseboard creases. Next, run a dryer sheet along the baseboards. This will help repel dust collecting as often which means you won’t have to clean the baseboards as often!
14. Screen Doors and Windows
Screen doors and windows collect dust, pet hair, webs…you name it. Run a sticky lint roller across the screen to collect all the debris and you’re all set!
- The smart screen door keeps bugs out, lets fresh air in
- Installs without tools
- Magnetic, hands-free entry and exit
James DIY shows a video of 15 amazing cleaning hacks everyone should know:
Do you have a cleaning hack that you would like to share? Share with us in the comments section below.
- DIY Natural Household Cleaners | 5 Amazing Homemade Solutions
- Cleaning Upholstery the Eco-Friendly Way
- 7 DIY Natural Cleaning Products | Simple Home Solutions
The contents of this article are for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer.