Nothing says springtime than a fresh bouquet of flowers, so these DIY rainbow roses just in time to celebrate all the joy and promise of a new season! Learn how to make DIY rainbow roses and spread some springtime cheer!
Fun And Easy DIY Rainbow Roses In Two Ways
— This post is courtesy of gardenseason.com and shared with permission —
DIY rainbow roses might be over the top but it's a great addition to your flower arrangements for Valentine's Day. I actually thought rainbow roses was a new variety of roses but looking further, I've learned, I can make them myself! Learn how to make DIY rainbow roses with any of these two easy and simple guide.
DIY Rainbow Roses
Things Needed For Making DIY Rainbow Roses
- White Roses
- Test Tubes
- Food Dye
- Cutting Tools
Step 1. Prepare Roses
- Choose fresh white roses for this project. Using sharp scissors or a scalpel, trim the stem at an angle for fast color absorption.
- Next, using a cutter or a scalpel, cut the stem into sections depending on how many colors you wish to dye the rose.
- If you want three colors, you can cut the stem into three section. Remember, the more sections, the more difficult it is to keep the stems from breaking.
- For an added tip, take roses with longer stems as you may now be successful in your first attempts but you can always cut back.
Step 2. Coloring Process
- Now, take test tubes or whatever container is available to allow the same mechanics as illustrated above.
- When using your test tubes, use a rubber band to hold them in place and close to each other to keep the rose stem from breaking.
- For the color solution, add 1 gram of FD & C food dye to a hundred ml of water. Then, gently place a section os the stem into different dye solution.
Step 3. Color Transformation
- Allow the roses to stand for a few hours or overnight for maximum color absorption.
- In a few hours, you will see the color change.
Watch the step by step guide to making your DIY rainbow roses in this video from Flinn Scientific:
DIY Rainbow-Colored Roses
Things Needed For Making DIY Rainbow-Colored Roses
Step 1. Preparing Roses
- Take out your fresh white roses and cut at an angle as shown.
- This will allow a fast water and color absorption.
Wouldn't it be so amazing to give your special someone a bouquet of roses in her favorite color? Whether it may be purple or green or blue, you can now make her dreams come true! Drop those traditional red or white roses and start making your DIY rainbow roses.
Find the DIY rainbow roses experiment amazing? Tell me about you own experiment by posting them on the comments section below.
Looking for more flower ideas? Then check this out: How To Perfectly Press Flowers
Feature image source via Happiness And Things