Why not make your own paleo almond flour bread instead of risking yourself of possible exposure to the coronavirus by going to the grocery?
What makes this recipe so great is its unique flavor and healthier ingredients. Every bite is a mouthful of soft, fluffy almond bread with a cinnamon-like aroma and mild, creamy flavor. Plus, it’s very easy to make. This recipe only requires 15 minutes of active cooking time.
Interested? Keep reading to find out how to make your own paleo almond flour bread at home! I’ll guide you through every step of the recipe.
In this article:
- Savory Almond Flour Bread Recipe
- Bonus: How to Clean Your Blender
- Almond Flour Bread Recipe Variants
Make a Fluffy Paleo Almond Flour Bread With These Steps
Savory Almond Flour Bread Recipe
Important: Before you begin please take note that almond flour can’t be substituted for any other kind of flour.
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk
- 3 cups whole almonds, peeled
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 7 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Extra coconut oil or ghee (for greasing)
Step 1: Prepare the Cooking Materials
Fill an oven-safe dish with water, place it in the bottom row of the oven, and then preheat the oven to 325°F. The bowl of water is added to maintain good humidity.
Meanwhile, take a five-inch loaf pan and grease it with either coconut oil or ghee. Afterward, line the pan with parchment paper. Make sure the paper’s ends are hanging over the sides.
Step 2: Blend the Ingredients and Transfer to Loaf Pan
Pour the salt, baking soda, cashews, vinegar, almond milk, and eggs in the blender then pulse at low speed for around 15 seconds. Pause, scrape the insides with a spoon, and then pulse for 30 seconds.
By this time, the mixture should have a thick, smooth consistency. Add the coconut flour to the mixture and then blend for another 30 seconds.
Tip: Feel like the batter is to thick to blend? Scoop in no more than two tablespoons to help the mixture flow better.
Step 3: Bake the Dough Mixture
Insert a toothpick into the dough mixture and then place it in the oven. Remove the dish of water and then bake for about 60 to 70 minutes until the crust turns golden brown or the bread pushes the toothpick out.
Step 4: Let Cool and Then Serve
Take the bread out of the pan and carefully remove the parchment paper. Then, let cool for about 30 minutes before serving. This goes well with jam, butter, sausages, milk, and coffee!
Tip: Wrap in parchment paper and then refrigerate to keep fresh for up to five days.
RELATED: Sourdough Bread Recipe
Bonus: How to Clean Your Blender
Let your blender clean itself.
- Fill it with water and soap, turn it on, and blend at low speed for a few seconds.
- Repeat the process until every bit of dough is gone.
- Cleanse two to three times with clean water then wash and dry by hand.
Almond Flour Bread Recipe Variants
1. Gluten-Free, Paleo-Style Almond Flour Bread Keto-Style
Health buffs trying to lose weight can opt for this paleo-style, gluten-free, and keto-friendly almond flour bread.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour, blanched
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup husk powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten-free sea salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line the tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sea salt, baking powder, husk powder, and almond flour in a large bowl.
- Once the mixture forms a smooth, rich consistency, add in the coconut oil, eggs, and warm water. Keep whisking until the mixture forms air bubbles.
- Pour into the baking tray and then bake for 60 to 70 minutes until the crust turns light brown.
2. Tasty Cinnamon and Almond Flour Bread Recipe
Still, feel the other almond bread recipes on this list lack flavor? Throw in some cinnamon. Adding a bit of cinnamon to the recipe makes the finished product taste sweeter, smell spicier, and look more golden-brown.
- 5 large eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups almond flour, blanched
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Extra cinnamon (for toppings)
- Chia seed (for toppings)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease the sides of the tray with oil and line the floor with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cinnamon, flaxseed meal, baking soda, salt, coconut flour, and almond flour in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs in a separate bowl then pour in the butter, lemon juice, and maple syrup.
- Mix the contents of the two bowls together and whisk until combined.
- Pour into the tray and then bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the crust turns golden brown.
- Remove from heat and then brush the extra cinnamon and butter on top of the bread.
- Let cool and then serve.
3. Rich, Savory Almond Flour Bread Recipe
Feel like the first two almond flour bread recipes on this list are too bland? Try this one out! It’s a richer, tastier, and creamier version of the original recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Extra olive oil (for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease the loaf pan with extra olive oil.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl and then transfer to loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the crust turns golden brown, remove from heat, and then let cool for 10 minutes.
Now, this almond bread tastes great on its own, but it’s better to pair it with foods that complement its soft, creamy texture. This includes sausages, butter, jam, steak, eggs, veggies, and fruits, among others.
Feel free to modify these soft, decadent almond flour blend recipes. Adding a bit of sugar, salt, herbs, and spices will bring out new flavors.
Did you try modifying our almond flour bread recipe? Share your customized recipes with us in the comments section below!
- How To Bake A Healthy Banana Bread Recipe From Scratch
- How to Bake Bread Without an Oven
- 5 Cast Iron Skillet Cooking Tips | Homesteading
Fellow homesteaders, do you want to help others learn from your journey by becoming one of our original contributors? Write for us!