Are you of the many Modern Farmers? If so, then you should be aware of these tools and tactics that every modern farmer must possess, read up on them here.
Modern Farmer’s Tools & Tactics
I’ve been a farmer for years and I have to say, a lot has changed over that time period. If your concept of a farmer is still someone who plants, grows and harvest crops, then you’re still in the olden days. In this day and age, farmers do so much more than that. They need marketing, business skills and so much more to become successful in what they do. So if you want to know what they are, read on!
Extra Revenue Ideas:
- Product sales, farm tours and site rentals supplement revenue.
- Gardening classes can also promote the brand and add to the revenue stream.
- Beehives not only aid in pollination – they can also provide value-added product opportunities.
- The Animals not only provide products to sell, they can also be a draw for tourists.
On top of regular farming skills, the savvy Modern Farmer’s Brain Must Also Contain:
- Ancient farming methods
- Latest farming techniques
- Business acumen
- ability to diversity
- Knack for finding niche markets
- Ability to teach
- Marketing Savvy
- Sustainability awareness
- Agri-tourism knowledge
You’ll also like: 133 Homesteading Skills For The Modern Homesteader
Modern Farmers Utilize Their Resources
- Interns provide free labor while receiving a hands-on education
- Social media is used to promote products and tours, and to let customers know where to find their goods.
- Online sales help supplement local market income
So do you think you have what it takes to be a modern farmer? Let us know below in the comments! 🙂
Want more homesteading tricks, tips, and tidbits. Subscribe to our Newsletter! You’ll also be given access to exclusive offers on the latest homesteading essentials.
Need more tips on how to be an effective farmer? Get what you need here: