Keep the winter chill at bay with these awesome hand warmers! It’s that time of the year again when temperatures start to drop, signaling the start of winter. Tired of boring, old hand warmers that don’t show off your personality? Rather than buy new ones, turn it into a fun project by making your own! Here are some DIY ideas to help you keep stylishly warm this season.
15 Fun and Functional Hand Warmers You Can DIY!
1. Mini Heart-Shaped Hand Warmer
Feel like giving your heart away this winter? Show off your romantic side by making these heart-shaped hand warmers. Warm up someone’s hands, or heart, with one of these.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY WARMERS. Made with iron powder, water, salt, activated charcoal and vermiculite, Truscope are odorless and environmentally safe. For added convenience, these hand warmers feature a safe, air-activated design.
- DELIVERS 8 HOURS OF COMFORTABLE WARMTH. Designed to keep your hands comfortable and protected in cold temperatures, these hand warmers reach an average activated temperature of 135°F in approximately 20 minutes. As a result, they provide safe, natural heat that lasts up to 8 hours!
- QUICK ACTIVATION. Remove the pouches from the wrapper and shake them up before use. The air-activated design starts to work within minutes of being opened to deliver instant relief and protect your hands from the extreme cold.
2. Flannel Shirt Hand Warmers
Got some old flannel shirts lying around? Turn them into a DIY hand warmer, and don’t forget to share! These would be a great gift for both men and women.
3. Upcycled Monogrammed Hand Warmer
Customize your hand warmers by making them yourself. For a truly personal touch, you can try stitching your initials, or someone else’s, if you’re planning to give it as a gift. See how here.
4. Star Wars Hand Warmers
Are you a Star Wars fan? This will be perfect to show off your inner geek. Use an old t-shirt from one of your favorite movies for a customized hand warmer. Get the tutorial here.
- Stroller hand muff with soft fleece lining
- Clear zip phone pocket lets you see calls and texts come in
- Snap-together tabs attach to any stroller
5. More Heart Hand Warmers
Stay toasty with these adorable heart-shaped warmers. Choose your favorite print and start crafting. To get the warmth going, simply pop them in the microwave. Learn how to make them here.
6. Essential Oil Hand Warmers
Keep warm while getting all the benefits of your favorite essential oil. Whether you’re in the mood to relax or get motivated, just choose your favorite scent, then you’re good to go with this DIY.
- This personal pour over brewer lets you make, then take, hot, fresh coffee wherever you go. Just pop on the stainless steel mesh filter add ground coffee then pour over water to make hand drip coffee directly into your travel cup
- Coffee hotter for longer. Other brewers restrict you to the house or cool quickly. Vacuum layered, military-grade 304 stainless steel coating a smart copper lining traps heat for longer. Fits virtually all car cup holders for hot coffee on arrival
- Wave goodbye to paper filters. Our metal filter delivers a cleaner taste and saves trees, so it's friendly to the environment and your pocket. Ideal for travel, zero BPA and a dream to clean. This equals more smiles per cup
7. Simple Square DIY Hand Warmer
This basic square-shaped warmer in a fun simple pattern is a great place to start. Who says simple can’t be stylish, too? See how to make it here.
8. Cozy and Quick Owl Hand Warmer
Who doesn’t love a cute little owl? Be sure to choose a fun and vibrant color to make it truly stand out. This will make a great gift idea for both kids and kids-at-heart.
9. Jumbo Hand Warmer
Looking for more warmth? These jumbo warmers are microwave-safe and can be reused time and time again. Bigger is definitely better with this DIY tutorial.
- 【PISEN ADVANTAGE】Pisen is a smart technology provider with leading global sales to over 200 million customers.
- 【LARGE CAPACITY】Contains 7500 mAh of power. Enough to provide 2.5 fast charges to iPhone 7 or 1.6 to Galaxy S7.
- 【SUPERIOR SAFETY】Product safety protection technology, over-voltage protection, overcurrent protection, short circuit protection, overload protection, over-discharge protection, effective protection of the use of equipment safety. Side-charging and side-realising function to maximize your use of time.
10. DIY Warm Hands
Need a crochet project this winter? These adorable knit warmers are definitely a great way to start and will make perfect last-minute gifts. Keep your hands warm with this pattern.
11. DIY From Old Socks
Have tons of socks and don’t know what to do with them? Check out how to upcycle your old socks into hand warmers.
12. Repurposed Old Sweater
Old sweaters are perfect since they’re essentially designed for the same purpose. Look for that odd sweater you haven’t worn in ages, then follow these steps.
13. Stocking Stuffers
These adorable hand warmers make the perfect stocking stuffers and look great in pastel hues. Be sure to use thread in a different color for a surprising pop of color. Give the gift of warmth this holiday season.
14. Snowman Warmers
How precious are these snowman warmers? I bet you didn’t even notice that they’re ordinary men’s crew socks because they’re so cute! Just in time for the holidays, this no-sew project can also be a fun project for kids.
15. Fox Hand Warmers
These adorable fox-shaped warmers are so easy to DIY and can be made from just fabric scraps. Try mixing prints to create a unique design. Learn how to make the pattern here.
Want to make something without having to sew anything? You can with this DIY tutorial from Kin Community:
Which one are you making today? Let us know in the comments below!
Featured image from Love of Home