Learn how to make cold brew coffee and you will never have to drop two dollars per cup of coffee again. Find out how to make cold brew coffee easily with this straightforward guide!
How To Make Cold Brew Coffee: Easy And Pocket-Friendly
Learning how to make cold brew coffee is a recent hobby I got into. I was intrigued by this latest trend in making coffee, a craze even got coffee shops bought into. You see, coffee has some dirty little secrets, but they’re all coming out in the open now.
Apparently, cold brew coffee is 67% less acidic than hot brewed coffee, and less acidic means better tasting. Best of all, it’s easy to make. You’ll laugh at yourself for buying expensive coffee when you can make a better cup at home. So let’s save the chitchat for later and learn how to make cold brew coffee now!
Let’s Get Started!
What You Need:
- Bottled water
- Ground coffee
- French press
How To Make Cold Brew Coffee
Before we get into to cold brewing coffee, you have to understand that this isn’t simply making coffee cold by putting ice cubes or putting it in the refrigerator. This is a process where no heat is applied, and you will find out more about it as you read on.
- SMOOTHER COFFEE, EVERY TIME - Cold brewing is 70% less acidic than hot brewing. And richer in taste. Our cold brewer extracts coffee concentrate which can be stored and mixed with an endless variety of beverages to create your own perfect, personal cup of joy
- LOCKS IN FRESHNESS AND FLAVOR FOR UP TO 2 WEEKS - Airtight seal. Easy-access handle. Engineered to perfectly fit within your fridge shelf. Experience refined craftsmanship you can always count on
- QUALITY YOU WON'T REGRET - 18/8 rust-free superfine dual-mesh, medical-grade stainless steel filter & cap. Extra-thick, lab-tested borosilicate glass. BPA-Free silicon airtight seal. Dishwasher safe. Professional home brewing has never been this easy: just mix and pour
Step 1. Ratio
First is to put coffee into the French press. Next is to pour bottled water at room temperature over the coffee grinds gently. The ratio of coffee to water will be approximately one to seven. If you have really good tap water at home you can also use that. Make sure you get all the grounds nice and wet.
Step 2. Mix
Now, get a large spoon and use the edge of the handle to poke around the container or the French press. This will allow all the coffee grinds to absorb water.
You’ve probably heard other coffee makers before suggest putting the mixture in the refrigerator. Well, I say don’t, but simply cover the mixture in your press with the cap or press and leave it at a room temperature. If it gets too cold it won’t dissolve enough of the coffee and will have a weak flavor.
- Enjoy the smooth, rich full-bodied flavor; simply, fill with Coffee and cold water, steep, & enjoy
- Small footprint ideal fit for any refrigerator or kitchen counter
- Built in stainless steel tap to dispense your cold brew from your refrigerator and carrying handle for easy portability
Step 3. Press
The next thing we do is to wait for 12 to 13 hours. Perhaps you can work this out overnight so you can enjoy it in the morning. Steeping coffee in the water this long will allow the coffee flavors to dissolve in cold water naturally. So after 12 hours, you simply plunge the press gently to separate the steeped liquid from the coffee grinds.
There are a couple of things you would want to learn more about cold brew coffee. One, is you’re going to get a bit more caffeine than you would normally get in a regular brewed coffee. Heating, as you know, applies a change in temperature which changes the taste and takes out most of the natural flavor. Two, it leaves off the acidity that comes when heat is applied to coffee. This cold brewing process, therefore, makes coffee easier on the stomach.
Step 4. Store
You wouldn’t want to store the cold brew coffee in the French press. What you need to do is to get a separate container with a cover and empty the cold brew coffee into the container. This time, you may keep and store the finished cold brew coffee in the fridge, and you may store it for as long as two weeks. You can also make many of your favorite coffee recipes with it.
- BOLD & DAIRY FREE: This simple & straightforward black coffee is surprisingly low in acidity. The essence of cold-brewed coffee perfectly contained in a palm-sized can.
- GRAB & GO COFFEE: Rise above the daily grind with High Brew, the perfect grab-and-go coffee in a can for a boost you can drink whenever, wherever.
- BETTER NOT BITTER: Cold brewing is a simpler process, yielding a coffee that's smooth and not bitter, twice the caffeine & significantly less acid than a traditionally brewed cup of joe.
Step 5. Enjoy!
You will see that your cold brew coffee is nice and thick, and full of flavor. Pour yourself a cup, store the rest in the fridge, and experience a smoother, less bitter, better-tasting and -smelling coffee.
You can also enjoy a huge amount of caffeine, but without the acidic stomach. You can still add a bit of sugar or milk, or enjoy it as is!
- COFFEE LOVERS'PERFECT DESIGNED MAKER KIT. Easy to install,Easy to Use,Ease to Clean.It is made of 304 Food Grade Stainless Steel,which Looks Great. It's really a perfect gift.
- 64 OZ NITRO COLD BREWER FOR COFFEE brings out the best smoothest and most natural taste.The nitrogen effect cuts the acidity that is tied to traditional cold brew, making it easier on the stomach. Take your coffee relationship to the next level.
- TAKE AND SHARE IT EVERYWHERE: It is really convenient for camping, hiking, picnic, BBQ, party or other outdoor activities with your friends and family.
Follow the easy step-by-step guide on how to make cold brew coffee in this video:
Now you know how to make cold brew coffee the coffee shop way. If you’re the can’t-live-without-coffee type, you’ll love this brewed coffee version better. Learn how to make cold brew coffee and you’ll be enjoying the best kind of coffee anytime, at an outrageously low price!
How did you find this how-to guide? Will you give this guide on how to make cold brew coffee a try? Tell us all about it in your comments!