Want to know how to make fertilizer? If you want some homemade organic fertilizer for your garden then try this DIY tutorial. I’m sure your plants will thank you for this.
Homemade Fertilizer from Compost
Have you ever added that blue powdery fertilizer to your watering can and asked yourself “do my plants really need this stuff?” You probably did, and let me tell you – the answer is, no!
When I came up with this incredibly easy (not to mention free) homemade fertilizer, I never had to buy that junk ever again!
What you’ll need for your homemade fertilizer:
- And that’s all!
How to Make Your Fertilizer:
1. Instead of throwing out food scraps, collect them in a bag or better yet a blender. At the end of the day you’ll probably have enough scraps to fill up the blender.
2. When the blender is full, add enough water to cover up the food scraps.
3. Next, just blend ’em well!
For indoor plants you may want to strain the fertilizer, so that all the large chunks get left out (so that they don’t rot in the house). If you’re worrying that it won’t be fertilizer anymore, don’t worry! All the vitamins got blended into the water.
For outdoor plants, just use it as it is.
What you CAN add to your fertilizer:
- Left over coffee
- Biodegradable poop bags (with the dog’s poop)
- Animal waste (rabbit and chicken poop are awesome as they’re not messy, don’t smell and nutritious)
- Tea bags
What you CAN’T add:
- Cat litter
Ask yourself “If I were a plant, would I like this?” If you’re doubtful, don’t add it!
Happy gardening to all!
What do you think of this tutorial on how to make fertilizer? Let us know in the comments section what your thoughts are on this homemade fertilizer. Do you think you’ll give it a try? Let us know how it went and share your experience with us in the comment section below.
Have any homesteading projects you’d like to share? Share it with us an we’ll give it a try. We’d love to know what you think!