Catch our 32 Home Depot Hacks and Homesteading Tips & Tricks for excellent home ideas that you can do on a budget. It’s amazing what you can create with your own two hands with just a little effort. You’ll love the ideas we’ve compiled below.
Did you know YOU have the power it takes to create! Your hands and your brain are your best tools, and with just a little bit of guidance, and the right supplies, you are capable of creating (or recreating) just about anything! Here we have some of the best Home Depot Hacks around. As a fellow homesteader, we’re obsessed with anything that is efficient, functional, practical… and nice to look at. So we thought we’d rally up some of our favorite homesteading hacks – and share them with you! What’s a homesteading hack? Anything that you can make yourself, instead of buying it in store. Hop on down to our favorite homesteading store: home depot, for all the supplies you’ll need.
Special Deal: Add A Fresh DIY Spin to Your Homestead
Home Depot, the giant home improvement superstore, is our go to resource for all things homesteading, and I have a feeling it’s yours too. (Though, remember folks, any time you can buy something locally sourced the better, best to help out your neighbors first!) Keep reading for the best homesteading tips & tricks around.
32 Home Depot Hacks and Homesteading Tips & Tricks
1. Console Table | Home Depot Hacks
Why waste dollars when you can have it at the cheapest price with the same design. Make this one yourself with lumber and a nice dark wood stain.
2. Wood and Iron Table | Home Depot Hacks
Check this video on how to create your own wood and iron table.
3. Bath Shelf | Home Depot Hacks
What a great idea for Mom’s out there or for those who love to soak themselves in the tub. This was made with a piece of wood, cut perfectly to fit over the tub’s ledge.
SAVE ON ALL YOUR LIVING ESSENTIALS AT HOME DEPOT. CLICK TO SHOP
4. Make a Cement Stool | Home Depot Hacks
What a fun minimilist stool, made from wood dowel’s dipped in paint, and a cement seat. An easy tutorial is just a click away.
5. Dish Plate Mosaic | Home Depot Hacks
Make your own upcycled mosaics by smashing unwanted plates, or old chipped china, and embedding them in cement. You can put them on the garden as a trail or if you want bigger you can make here a side table or a coffee table
6. Plywood Media Console | Home Depot Hacks
Instead of buying some modernized tv rack why not with this budget friendly plywood media console? You can watch an easy DIY tutorial just by clicking here.
7. Concrete Wood Coffee Table | Home Depot Hacks
This beautiful coffee table can go indoors or outdoors! I love the idea. For an easy how to tutorial, please click here!
8. Burlap Curtains | Home Depot Hacks
Make your own burlap curtains without touching a sewing machine. Learn how here.
8. Slide Out Shelf | Home Depot Hacks
This easy-to-install slide out shelf is perfect for dividing and organizing your things, especially in the kitchen.
9. PVC Pipe Shoe Rack | Home Depot Hacks
Pipe shoe racks rock! Cut up your PVC and glue them together in this honeycomb formation for easy shoe retrieval.
These survival seed playing cards will keep you entertained for hours with endless card games. They’re also useful, because they’re filled with facts on your favorite herbs and veggies: when to grow, when to harvest, and nutritional details. Ideal for homesteaders who like to live sustainably and purposefully. Get them FOR FREE Here!
10. Home depot bucket stools
This fun bucket stool is a perfect Home Depot Hack. Go grab your home dept 10 gallon buckets, and create your own fabric-covered seat cushion for fun homesteading DIY storage pods!
11. Farmer’s Bench DIY | Home Depot Hacks
Welcome guests with rustic flair and make yourself this wooden bench with Home Depot! Make it here.
12. Mason Jar Bee Hives | Home Depot Hacks
Great idea if 1) you love honey, and 2) you love bees.
13. Container Water Garden | Home Depot Hacks
Create your own dream pond in a bucket for backyard zen.
14. Whiskey Barrel Container Garden | Home Depot Hacks
There’s a beauty in every barrel. 🙂
15. Apple Crate Shelves | Home Depot Hacks
Stack your apple crates (available at home depot) and nail them together for these amazing rustic shelves.
16. Hanging Magazine Rack | Home Depot Hacks
Use curtain clips to store your magazines in plain view. Excellent idea for a cupboard or work room.
17. Home Depot Apron as desk organizer | Home depot Hacks
17. Mason Jar Cupboard Organizer | Home Depot Hacks
Use mason jars with chalkboard lids for organizing your cupboard essentials!
18. Tiki Torches Upcycled Glass Bottles | Home Depot Hacks
Recycle some glass bottles for your very own tiki torch. Make it here.
19. Portable Mini Greenhouses | Home Depot Hacks
Big plastic containers can be a reliable greenhouse. They’re also excellent for moving seeds around without disturbing.
20. DIY Crayon Lipstick | Home Depot Hacks
Ladies! Being a homesteader does not mean you can’t have fun, beautiful lips too!
21. DIY Wood Plank Headboard | Home Depot Hacks
Nail 4 pieces of matching wood planks to a wall for a very nice diy headboard.
22. Upholstered Bench | Home Depot Hacks
Upholster your own bench by adding fabric and cushion to a plank of wood, and screwing in your own bench-feet. All available at Home Depot.
23. Recycled Wood Chest of Drawers | Home Depot Hacks
(ADVANCED PROJECT). Perfectly made for storing freshly picked fruits and vegetables . Make this out of recycled palette boards, and cart wheels.
24. Tool Clamp Bookend | Home Depot Hacks
This is truly a home depot hack. Take your vice out of storage and attach it to a bookshelf for a clever reinvented bookend.
25. DIY Rolling Cart | Home Depot Hacks
Make your own rolling cart to create a functional storage space for any room in the house. Here’s how.
26. Metal Pipe Laptop Table | Home Depot Hacks
This beautiful DIY laptop table, or TV dinner table, is perfect for a modernized industrial look. Cool, right? Make it here
27. PVC Pipe Hot Hair Tool Holder | Home Depot Hacks
Turn some PVC pipe into a one of a kind holder for your hot beauty tools!
28. Liquor Lamps | Home Depot Hacks
Cut open the base of your used up liquor, and poke in your electric wires. This DIY lamp hack is a great way to show off your vast drinking abilities. Find the bottle lamp tutorial here.
29. Mason Jar Chandelier | Home Depot Hacks
I never thought this was possible until now.
30. PVC Pipe Tape Dispenser | Home Depot Hacks
Keep your crafts clean and tidy with PVC!
31. DIY Kitchen Tools Holder | Home Depot Hacks
Make your own kitchen tool holders out of mason jars and paint! This easy DIY Project can be found here.
32. Mason Jar Lanterns | Home Depot Hacks
Make your own easy hanging lanterns for the homestead, HERE
What hack will you try next? Click here to shop online at HomeDepot.com.