Eggs are super high in protein and not to mention one of the ultimate power foods for energy and focus. Breakfast is a very important meal. In fact, breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day.
Here are some of the best scrambled egg recipes. From classic scrambled eggs and ketchup to the best darn scrambled omelette you’ve ever had. Did you know adding a little pancake batter to your eggs will make them fluffy and stick together better? Curious to hear more. Check out our list of the best breakfast recipes along with some useful tips for the kitchen. Yum!
Want free eggs for life? Raise your own chickens and enjoy all the benefits! Click here for our Quick-Start Chicken Raising Guide!
12 Eggscelent Recipes:
These recipes are eggsactly what you needed. 😉
1. Perfect Scrambled Eggs
WANT MORE HOMESTEADING TRICKS, TIPS, AND TIDBITS?
Subscribe To Our Newsletter:
recipe and photo’s compliments of espresso and cream
You Will Need:
- Serves 1 Hungry Husband
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk t ogether the eggs, milk, salt and ground black pepper.
- Once butter is melted and slightly browned, reduce heat to low. Add egg mixture to the skillet.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir eggs constantly, not allowing any one part of the egg to cook on the skillet for too long. The idea is to cook the eggs low and slow, which prevents large curds of egg and results in an ultra creamy texture. This process requires patience, so give it the time it requires. It may take 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Continue to cook the eggs until they are cooked through bust still slightly moist and glisten slightly. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
2. Spicy Eggs With Curry
via food republic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large green chilli (Serranos work great), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped, plus more to garnish
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- Heat the butter in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Fry onions until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic, chilli and cumin and fry for a minute until fragrant, then add tomatoes and fry until most of the moisture has cooked off. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in cilantro, then pour beaten eggs into the pan and stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until eggs are soft but set, and season with salt.
- Serve immediately over buttered toast, and garnish with more cilantro.
3. Chilaquiles Verdes (Mexican Scrambled Eggs) with Corn Tortillas and Green Salsa.
recipe and photo’s compliments of herbivoracious
You Will Need:
- 1 cup salsa verde or green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 corn tortillas
- 4 large eggs (preferably organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Optional garnishes: hot sauce (Tapatio!), minced cilantro and white onion, charred scallion, avocado, sour cream, cotija cheese, lime wedges
- Preheat two serving bowls, and heat the salsa verde in the microwave.
- Place a large, well seasoned or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil. When it is shimmering, tear each tortilla into 6 wedges and add them to the pan, along with a pinch of salt. Cook, flipping occasionally, until they are quite well browned. Pull out and reserve 6 of the wedges.
- Reduce the heat to low. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, 2 tablespoons of water, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and several grinds of black pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the tortillas that are still in the pan, and cook, stirring frequently, until the eggs are as set as you like them. Remove from the heat.
- Put about 1/4 cup of the heated salsa in each bowl. Spoon in half of the egg and tortilla mixture. Pour the remaining salsa over the eggs. Sprinkle on a bit more salt. Add the reserved fried tortillas on top, and finish with some or all of the suggested garnishes (or offer them at the table.)
4. Eggs and Avocado Toast
recipe and photo’s compliments of alagraham
You Will Need:
- 1 egg, beaten with a splash of water
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add a little oil to pan.
- Add the beaten egg; season with salt and pepper and scramble.
- Continue to cook the egg by repeating the process of pulling the egg to the center of pan until done.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork and season with salt and pepper (add a little Tabasco if you like heat) and spread on toast. Top with the scrambled egg.
5. Scrambled Eggs With Mushrooms And Pine Nuts Recipe
recipe compliments of weightlosstrading
You Will Need:
- 3 eggs
- 2tbs chives, finely cho
- 1cup sliced mushroom
- 1tbs oil
- 1tbs pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- Place oil in a frying pan on medium heat, fry onions for 3-4min or until slightly browned, remove from pan.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl then place in the frying pan, stirring continuously.
- When eggs have almost cooked through, add the chives and continue cooking for a further 1min, or until eggs are cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms before serving.
6. Healthy and Easy Scrambled Egg Recipe
recipe and photo’s compliments of the lovely lindawagner
You Will Need:
- 3 organic free-range eggs
- 1 small head of broccoli. chopped fine – you can also include the top half of the stem, it’s my favorite part and adds a nice crunch!
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 2 green onions. chopped fine
- organic butter
- sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Cotija cheese to sprinkle on top
- In a medium size skillet over medium high heat melt a small pat of butter.
- Add garlic and green onions.
- Then add chopped broccoli including the top half of the broccoli stem and sea salt to taste.
- Cover and let cook for 1-2 mins or until soft.
- Next, add baby spinach and beaten eggs.
- Stir the eggs and veggies around gently in the pan until fully cooked.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper and cotija cheese. If you haven’t used cotija cheese, you simply must try it immediately!! It is a hard, salty cheese that is traditionally used in Mexican dishes.
7. Scrambled Eggs With Curry Leaves
recipe and photos compliments of gourmet.com
You Will Need:
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 20 fresh curry leaves, coarsley chopped
- 2 (4-inch) fresh hot green chiles, including seeds, thinly slicd
- 1 to 2 teaspoons teaspoons minced peeled ginger (to taste)
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 spring onions or scallions, finely chopped
- Lightly beat eggs with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Heat ghee in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then stir-fry curry leaves, chiles, and ginger 30 seconds.
- Add sliced onion and turmeric and stir-fry until onion is softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spring onions and stir-fry until slightly softened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in eggs and gently cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until just set.
8. Scotch Woodcock (Creamy Scrambled Eggs and Anchovies on Toast)
recipe and photo compliments of seriouseats
You Will Need:
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 8 slices bread (crust removed if desired), toasted
- 12 anchovies, sliced in half
- Sliced chives, to garnish
- Whisk together eggs and cream.
- Heat butter in a large non stick skillet over medium low heat.
- Once butter has melted, add the eggs and turn the heat to low.
- Using a rubber spatula, constantly stir the eggs until they have just set. They should have a loose, custardy texture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide eggs between toast, then top each piece with three pieces of anchovy.
- Garnish with chives if desired and serve immediately.
9. Steak and Eggs Benedict with Red Wine Hollandaise
recipe and photo compliments of Food & Wine
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1/4 cup ruby port
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Three 1-inch-thick beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 6 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the Cabernet and port and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Set a medium metal bowl over a pot of simmering water. Put the egg yolks in the bowl and whisk over low heat until thick, about 2 minutes. Very gradually, whisk in the melted butter and whisk constantly until thick and creamy, 4 to 5 minutes. Whisk in the wine reduction and lemon juice in a thin stream and season with salt and pepper. Keep the hollandaise sauce warm over very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Heat a grill pan. Brush the steaks lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks over high heat, turning once or twice, until medium-rare, about 8 minutes. Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 large, deep skillets of water to a simmer. Crack 6 eggs into each skillet and simmer over moderately low heat until the whites are set and the yolks are runny, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the poached eggs to a plate; blot dry with paper towels.
10. Scrambled Eggs With Smoked Salmon
recipe and photos compliments of kitchendaily
You Will Need:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- smoked salmon
- toasted whole-grain bread
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beaten eggs, cream cheese, chopped chives, and salt and pepper. Whisk until just set.
- Serve on toasted whole-grain bread with smoked salmon.
11. Scrambled Egg Biscuit Cups
recipe and photos compliments of Betty Crocker
You Will Need:
- 2cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 1/2 oz)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup Parmesan and mozzarella cheese pasta sauce (from 1-lb jar)
- 3 tablespoons cooked real bacon bits or pieces (from 3-oz package)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Additional cooked real bacon bits or pieces
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Spray bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix Bisquick mix, cheese and 1/2 cup of the milk until soft dough forms.
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix.
- Shape into a ball; knead 4 or 5 times.
- Shape into 10-inch-long roll.
- Cut roll into 12 pieces.
- Press each piece in bottom and up side of muffin cup, forming edge at rim.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- With back of spoon, press puffed crust in each cup to make indentation.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, remaining 1/4 cup milk and the pepper until well blended.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add egg mixture; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until firm but still moist.
- Fold in pasta sauce and bacon until blended.
- To remove biscuit cups from pan, run knife around edge of cups. Spoon egg mixture into biscuit cups. Sprinkle chives and additional bacon bits over tops.
12. Bacon, Kale, and Sweet Potato Breakfast Burritos
recipe and photos compliments of tastykitchen
You Will Need:
- 3 whole Slices Uncooked Bacon, Chopped
- 2-½ cups Peeled, Diced Sweet Potato Cubes (1/2 To 3/4 Inch)
- ½ cups Diced Red Bell Pepper
- ½ cups Diced Onion, Any Kind
- 1 cup Chopped Fresh Kale, Stems Removed
- 4 whole Eggs
- ¼ cups Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- ½ cups Purchased Salsa Or Pico De Gallo
- ½ cups Shredded Cheese, Cheddar Or Monterey Jack
- 6 whole Soft Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream And Diced Avocado For Serving
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes or until crispy and most of the fat has rendered off into the pan. Remove bacon bits with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Drain all but 2-3 tablespoons of the bacon fat. (Or leave it all if you want to.) Return pan to medium heat and add the sweet potato, bell pepper, and onion. Add a couple pinches of salt and pepper over the top and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until the onions begin to soften. Stir in the kale. Continue to cook until vegetables are tender (especially the potatoes), another 8-10 minutes or so.
- Shove all ingredients to one side of the pan and add the eggs to the other side. Cook eggs until they’re no longer liquid, but still not cooked through. Stir eggs into the vegetable mixture. Return bacon bits to the pan and add cilantro and salsa. Stir and cook until everything is heated through and the eggs are cooked thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of filling into each tortilla and top with a little sour cream before rolling them up.
That’s all, fellow homesteaders! Did you enjoy this list of easy and delicious egg recipes? Let us know in the comments section below what you thought of this egg recipes list. Do you have a egg recipe that’s a staple on your homestead? Share it with us and we’ll give it a shot. We love doing DIY homesteading projects and becoming more self-reliant by learning more about how everything works around the homestead. That’s why Homesteading was created. We want all folks looking to lead a self-sufficient life, either on a homestead or in an urban environment, to come together and learn from each other! Of course, we welcome your help in creating a community of homesteaders. Come and share your homesteading tips and ideas, recipes and expect the best advice on self-reliance and homesteading trials from our team of long-time homesteaders, self-reliant wilderness, and preparedness experts. Want to write for Homesteading? Shoot us an e mail and make sure to stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
Do you have Instagram? Don’t forget to join us @HomesteadingUSA.
Click here to Like Us on Facebook.
Click here to Follow Homesteading on Pinterest.