Summer is right around the corner and you know what that means – MOSQUITOES. Here is a simple way to rid yourself of this problem.
Looking for even more natural mosquito-repelling solutions? Check out: 7 Natural Mosquito Repellent Plants | Home Remedies
What you’ll need for your homemade mosquito trap:
1.) 1 Soda Bottle
2.) 1 Bag of Brown Sugar
3.) 1 Jar of Yeast
4.) 1 Knife
5.) 1 Measuring Cup
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
Your bottle should look like this:
2. Mix 1/4 cup of brown sugar with hot water.
3. Pour the sugar into the bottom half of the cut plastic bottle.
4. Pour 400 ml (apprx 1 3/4 cup) of very hot water. Let cool.
5. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
6. You will only need a pinch or two. Pinch the yeast between your fingers and add to the mixture. You do not need to stir it. Let it sit for awhile.
7. When you’re finished, place the bottle top upside down facing the mixture. The mosquitos are attracted to the liquid and will fly into the opening. They (most likely) will not be able to escape once inside the bottle.
When you’re all finished your mosquito trap should look like this:
We hope you enjoyed our tutorial on how to make a mosquito trap out of cut bottles.
Originally posted on June 10, 2014 @ 2:11 PM