It is recommended that we consume eight, 8 ounce glasses of water a day. For some that is a little much to keep up with and so many of us don’t make that goal by the end of the day. So, let’s shake it up a bit! In this article, I’ll share with you tasty water remedies recipes and their health benefits. With these recipes, not only will you receive more water per day, you will love the flavors. Most importantly, it will all lead to a healthier you!
Let’s take a quick glance at the water remedy recipes I’ll be covering:
- Ginger Water
- Honey Water
- Rose Water
- Mint Water
- Cucumber Water
- Fennel Water
- Rice Water
Let’s get started!
The Many Health Benefits Of Water Remedies And Their Recipes
The health benefits of drinking ginger water includes:
- Eases menstrual cramps
- Eases headache pain
- Helps to ease the discomforts of indigestion, gas, and vomiting
- Helps to decrease inflammation and pain in your joints
In a 2 quart sauce pan, combine ginger and water and bring to a boil over high heat. After it starts to boil reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain, cool, and enjoy!
The health benefits of drinking honey water include:
- Reduces the appearance of acne
- Drinking honey water in the morning can aid in weight loss
- Soothes sore throats
- Eases the discomforts of bloating
Boil water in a 2 quart sauce pan. Pour water into a mug and let water cool for about 10 minutes. After cooling, add 2 tablespoons of honey and stir. Enjoy!
The health benefits of drinking rose water include:
- Helps to maintain a healthy pH balance for your skin
- Due to it’s anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to reduce redness, swelling, and itchiness on your skin due to acne, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- You can also mist rose water onto your hair to give it a healthy shine.
Rinse a few rose blooms. Pull off the rose petals. Place the rose petals into a 2 quart sauce pan and add water. Turn the heat to low and cover with a lid. Simmer for about 7-10 minutes. Strain and enjoy. You can drink it hot or cold.
The health benefits of drinking mint water include:
- It keeps your breath fresh
- Promote healthier digestion
- Improves your complexion
- Soothes nausea
Fill a pitcher with water. Next, add lemon slices and mint leaves to a bowl and give them a few stirs to help combine their flavors. Add the newly stirred lemon slices and mint leaves to the pitcher and stir. Refrigerate the water mixture allowing it to infuse for 2-3 days, giving it a healthy stir each day. After day 2 or 3, drink up and enjoy!
The health benefits of drinking cucumber water include:
- Promotes healthy skin
- Soothes nausea
- Helps to remove dark under eye circles
- Great for keeping you completely hydrated
Peel a cucumber and slice into average slices (not too thick and not too thin). Add cucumber slices to a pitcher of water. Allow to steep for 1 hour and serve over ice.
The benefits of drinking fennel water include:
- Helps to battle bad breath
- Helps to ease bloating, constipation, and indigestion
- Helps to ease menstrual pain
- Promotes weight loss
- Promotes healthier skin
Bring 1 litre of water to a boil. When water begins to boil, add the fennel seeds and immediately remove from heat and cover. Allow the water to reach room temperature. Strain and enjoy!
The benefits of drinking rice water include:
- You can drink it to benefit overall health.
- It is also a great energy booster.
- You can use rice water as a face toner. It will make your skin glow and reduce the size of your facial pores.
Combine rice and water in a large pan and let sit for 3 hours. After the 3 hours, add to high heat and bring to a boil. After it begins to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove from burner and allow to cool completely. Next, puree the mixture until it’s completely smooth. Strain through a cheesecloth and enjoy!
What water remedy is part of your routine? Share with us in the comment section below.
The contents of this article are for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer.
Check out these articles on other great remedies: