There are lots of ways to save money on your skincare products. If your skin has been exposed to harsh weather conditions, chances are you will want some tips on how to rejuvenate your skin and feel fresh again. Here is a list of awesome DIY skincare recipes and products to have you feeling great for days!
1.Lip Scrub (via beautylish)
Why isn't it important to exfoliate your lips? It is. Your lips go through the changes in weather, just like any part of your skin that is exposed to different climates. There is dead skin cell build up on your lips causing them to be dry and flaky often times when they should not be. Use this lip scrub to rid yourself of chapped lips forever:
- Clean container
- 4 Aspirin (the inexpensive type without a coating)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 vitamin E capsule
2. Calming Lavender Lotion (via diyready)
Lavender is a lovely plant used in many topical ointments and is also used for its rich flowery fragrance. It is still one of the most desirable scents used by most modern perfume companies. This calming lotion is refreshing while being very soothing as a body lotion. Try our homemade lavender lotion by following this simple recipe:
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Beeswax (1 2oz bar)
- 5 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
3. Hydrating and Firming Mask (via beautylish)
Instant face lift? I think, yes. Sometime you just need that extra boost to help get you going. This simple, creamy and affordable face mask can be yours with a few things you may already have in your pantry. Check out this quick DIY recipe to have a natural firming mask in minutes:
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
Drain the contents of the vitamin E capsule into a small bowl. Add the honey and heavy cream and mix together until a smooth consistency forms. Apply the mixture to your face and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Super simple! This recipe is safe for all skin types and not to mention – it smells really lovely.
4. Green Tea + Grapefruit Toner (via rythmofthehome)
Do you have oily/combination skin? This mask is perfect for you. It will also help to eliminate pesky black heads from surfacing. Knock the dirt out with this awesome fruit and tea toner. The best part about this is you can eat the grapefruit afterwards. Yum!
- 2 green tea bags steeped in 1 cup water and cooled.
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- Juice of 1/2 of a red grapefruit
5. Anti Wrinkle Serum Using Egg Whites (via hellogiggles.com)
No one likes wrinkles, but did you know that you can eliminate them virtually from ever having appeared using egg whites? The chilled egg whites serve as a firming agent which will reverse and essentially “fill in” the crows feet and wrinkles. Remember: Using a daily face lotion will help to avoid premature wrinkles in the first place. Eat healthy and get plenty of rest to have the best skin!
- Fresh, chilled egg whites
6. Lip Gloss (via frilshop)
Put your winter lips away with this smooth and buttery lip gloss. I am used to spending a ton of money on chap sticks and lip gloss, but not anymore. If you're trying to be frugal to save for that summer getaway then every penny counts. This is a great way to cut the spending on at home essentials! You can make lip butter in bulk and save it for later too, which totally helps to add funds to that Bali trip!
Chapstick or lip gloss containers (you can recycle old ones too)
1 tb coconut oil
1 tb cocoa butter
1 tb beeswax (2 tsp for a softer butter)
1 tsp cacao powder (for chocolate)
4-5 drops essential oil (for vanilla flavor)
7. Acne Reducing // Pore Minimizing Scrub (via suburbiaunwrapped)
What is acne? What is it caused by? Acne is caused by an excess of oil glands that cause pimples on your skin. The pimples are most commonly on your face, but can be just about anywhere. You don't have to use fancy lotions and creams that can often do more harm than good. Often times, you can develop minor adult acne which can become more embarrassing than troublesome. Here is a great at home recipe for acne relief for minor breakouts.
Warning: DO NOT ATTEMPT if your acne persists or is a more severe form of the disease. Consult your physician for advice on what products to help take care of your acne properly.
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 3 TBSP honey
- 2 drops tea tree oil
- 1 to 2 TBSP ground oatmeal (to desired consistency)
8. Tinted Foundation With Sunscreen (via scratchmommy)
Ever wonder how to make tinted foundation without breaking the bank? Check out this ingredient list and swoon over how easy it is to do at home!
- 1.5oz Almond Oil (or unrefined, raw, organic carrier oil of your choice; learn more about carrier oils here and purchase them here)
- 1oz Shea Butter (organic, raw, unrefined shea butter like this)
- .5oz Cocoa Butter (organic, raw, unrefined cocoa butter like this)
- .5oz Beeswax (this is by far my favorite beeswax)
- 1/8t Vitamin E (make sure it’s not from GMO sources; this is my favorite Vitamin E)
- .5oz Zinc Oxide (make sure it is uncoated, non-nano, and not micronized; purchase the zinc oxide here)
- Cocao Powder (organic cocao (or cocoa) powder like this)
- Cinnamon (organic cinnamon like this)
9. Instant Honey & Milk Sunburn relief (via bellasugar)
Sunburn? Fear not. Follow this simple recipe to be back to fun in the sun!
- Two cups of raw, uncooked oatmeal
- one cup of whole milk to the water.
- Add one tablespoon of honey.
10 All Natural Cold Cream (via makingniceinthemidwest)
This is a great at home day spa routine, and is safe to use on a daily basis.
- 2 Tablespoons of cosmetic grade beeswax pellets
- 1/4 Cup of organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of tomato toner (or rose water for more sensitive skin)
- a few drops of eucalyptus oil
11. Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub (via freutcake)
A great all over shower scrub. It is recommended that you get some gloves to help you exfoliate properly. Your skin will be left feeling smooth and silky. Store in a glass mason jar. Add raw vanilla bean stick (my personal touch) for additional scented purposes. If you like the smell of fresh baked cookies, you'll love this scrub!
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 2 cups Turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract (or your favorite essential oil)
12. Mud Mask (via hairandsalons)
A great after work mask for a long week at the office. The best part? IT'S EDIBLE!
- 2-3 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. buttermilk
- ¼-1/2 of a banana mashed
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
13. DIY Coffee Scrub (via eclectifiedliving)
Ever wonder what to do with those leftover coffee grinds?
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup of sugar (white or brown)
- 5 tbsp coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. mason jar
14. Avocado Hair Mask
The benefits of using avocado on your skin and in your hair are endless. Avocados are high in Vitamin B and Vitamin E. The nutrients in avocados help to promote a healthy scalp and nurse your hair back to health!
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon raw coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon Vitamin E oil (you can also use 2-3 Vitamin E capsules as well. Carefully split them open to drain oil)
15. DIY moisturizing bergamot hand cream
1 cup distilled water
10-15 drops bergamot essential oil
1 tablespoon wax pellets
1 tablespoon shea butter
3/4 cup sweet almond oil
1-2 vitamin E capsules, broken open and liquid added to the mix (discard the shells)