Lesson 5: Blacksmithing Guide | How to Make A Hot Chisel Part IV
In part 3 of this lesson, Armondo taught you how to begin shaping your hot chisel. Now it’s time to wrap up the Hot Chisel and continue on with the blacksmithing guide. Let’s dive into part 4! In part 4 of this video, Armondo teaches how to hammer out the tip of your chisel, creating a sharp angled tip. He’s also going to show you how to mold the chisel tip and how to use different parts of your anvil to round out the shape. You can really see the metal spread out as he hammers away. He takes time to file away excess slag to keep the chisel smooth. Now that you know how to make a hot chisel, make sure you continue on furthermore with the rest of the free blacksmithing guide to see what else Armondo has in store for you future blacksmiths!
In this video:
- Taking lessons we learned in part 2 and applying them furthermore.
- Learn how to brush off slag.
- See first-hand, the color difference between yellow and a cooler, red.
- Hammering the tip.
- Molding the edge for filing into a sharp edge.
- How to hammer the tip of your chisel
- And much more.