Lesson 5: Blacksmithing Guide | How to Make A Hot Chisel Part I
Now that you’ve learned some tips and tricks for heating and hammering your metal, Armondo is going to start teaching you how to make a hot chisel. It’s time to put that knowledge to work! We hope you’re ready to dive in and get blacksmithing! In part 1 of this video, Armondo talks about repurposing old metal from oil machinery to make a hot chisel. He’s also going to show you what the dimensions of a hot chisel should be, and break down what you exactly use a hot chisel for. If you don’t know the difference between a hot and cold chisel, don’t worry, he’ll cover that as well. This is just the beginning! Make sure you continue onto the other parts of the video and follow along and take notes, because you can do this! Take a look at the next video in this blacksmithing guide!
In this video:
- Learn how to start making your basic hot chisel.
- Secrets to make a comfortable chisel.
- How to repurpose old steel into a chisel.
- The difference between a hot chisel and cold chisel.
- The correct angle for for a hot chisel
- The importance of the correct angel.
- And much more.