Lesson 5: VIDEO Blacksmithing Guide | How To Make A Hot Chisel Part II
In part 1 of this lesson, Armondo started teaching you how to make a hot chisel. Now it’s time to continue on with the process. Let’s dive into part 2! In part 2 of this video, Armondo talks about how to make an octagon style handle. He’s also going to show you how to mold the handle of the chisel and how to use different parts of your anvil to round out the shape. See, you’re already starting to put the anvil knowledge to good use on your chisel shaping. You’ll also see Armondo utilize the horn of his anvil to make a oval shape to his handle to give you a great grip. If you’re curious about heat, he’ll show you how to tell when it’s the right temperature as well. Make sure you continue onto the other parts of this blacksmithing guide, follow along and take notes!
In this video:
- Taking lessons we learned in part 1 and applying them furthermore.
- Secrets to make a comfortable chisel.
- How to read the color for temperature.
- Different metals taking different heat for molding.
- Molding a chisel handle
- How to make an octagon style butt-end.
- And much more.